Forum Discussion

rbratton
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How do I uninstall AQTime 8.22?

I've tried to uninstall AQTime 8.22 using the Windows Control Panel.  It appeared to uninstall successfully as well as deactivate my license.

However, when I open Visual Studio 2013, I get a "The '?' package did not load correctly" error and then an exception about not being able to load an AQTime DLL.  The AQTime menu item is still being displayed.

How to I completely remove AQTime from Visual Studio?

• I sent this to SmartBear as a support ticket and received a solution that fixes the problem:

Do all these steps as Administrator:

• Reinstall (the same version of) AQtime 8.  (When installing, make sure to select the Feature "Integration | Microsoft Visual Studio | Visual Studio 2013")
    • (Start VS and then exit it)
    • Uninstall AQtime 8
    • (Start VS again)

While not specifically called out in the original resolutions, starting VS as Administrator after installing the AQtime integration is called out in our System Requirements for the IDEs:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/43533/

I specifically right-clicked the AQTime install file and my Visual Studio shortcut and clicked the "Run as Administrator" context item just to be sure.

2 Replies

rbratton
    New Contributor

Additional info:  AQTime still shows up in the Tools | Extensions and Updates menu item, but the Disable and Uninstall buttons are grayed out.

Whenever I try to discover and run my unit tests, I get an error in the output window:  Internal error occurred. Additional information: ''.

Thanks!

rbratton
      New Contributor

I sent this to SmartBear as a support ticket and received a solution that fixes the problem:

Do all these steps as Administrator:

• Reinstall (the same version of) AQtime 8.  (When installing, make sure to select the Feature "Integration | Microsoft Visual Studio | Visual Studio 2013")
      • (Start VS and then exit it)
      • Uninstall AQtime 8
      • (Start VS again)

While not specifically called out in the original resolutions, starting VS as Administrator after installing the AQtime integration is called out in our System Requirements for the IDEs:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/43533/

I specifically right-clicked the AQTime install file and my Visual Studio shortcut and clicked the "Run as Administrator" context item just to be sure.