Forum Discussion

KrisVH
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Virt receiving but not sending, transaction log is empty

Hi.

I have a virt that, when called directly from a project in Ready API, works fine. It receives the message, sends a response, and both of these are shown in the transaction log.

But when it's called from a proxy in a (local) WSO2 ESB installation, it doesn't work. The counter for 'received' message goes up one, but the 'sent' counter doesn't change, and I don't see new entries in the transaction log for the virt.

Any ideas on how I could debug this? I would like to see what is being received exactly but I can only see the counter going up.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Krisvh,

In my opinion, you need to take a look at your proxy settings. Your virt doesn’t get the needed information. You need to contact your system administrator to analyze this.

KrisVH
      Occasional Contributor

Is that possible on an entirely local configuration? Everything is on my laptop: ReadyApi and WSO2 ESB. 

Edit: in fact, I just installed SoapUI 5.2.1, started the mock services, and those did work.

Some more information:

I actually have 2 mock services/virts. They are exactly the same, except running on a different port. The first one works, the second one doesn't. The only difference I can see between the two is that the first gets its call encoded as 'UTF-8' and the second as 'utf-8'.

This works just fine in SoapUI 5.2.1, but it apparently doesn't in Ready! API. Is this a known bug? The encoding string should be case insensitive.

It's also kinda weird that the 'utf-8' encoding is actually sent by the first virt - which is then not understood by the second. As far as I can see anyway.