Replying with multiple responses to a single SOAP request
I am investigating SoapUI for a project where we have to mock a customer SAP that will communicate with our systems using SOAP messages. The generic task that we have to solve is this :
- a MockService receives a request, processes some data from the request and depending on the data we have to send back a certain number of responses which are a subset of the total number of responses. Let's say we have responses from A to Z. Depending on the data from the request, we will :
- issue Response A with a part of the data from request 1
- issue Response D with a part of the data from request 1
- issue Response F with a part of the data from request 1
- issue Response S with a part of the data from request 1
This was a long time ago and I want to know if there is any solution to this, either using SoapUI or any other SmartBear product.
Re: Replying with multiple responses to a single SOAP request
This is not possible as HTTP is one-to-one protocol, i.e. one request must be followed by only one response.
While RFC 2616 mentiones http status 100 (continue), the same paper clarifies that clients must be prepared to receive status 100 and handle it appropriately (which means either sending subsequent requests or some other processing on the client).
Regards, /Alex [Community Hero] ____ [Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes] may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an official answer from SmartBear Software. The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software. https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame ================================