Forum Discussion

Saibhargav29
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyApi 3.5.2 not generating report

Hi,   After upgrading Ready Api from 3.0.0 to 3.5.2 i.e- linux distribution PDF,HTML reports are not getting generated and fyi, we run test suite via  jenkins serverand for the same i have followed...
    3 years ago

Hey Saibhargav29 ,

Not sure if you're still having issues with this, but I found something interesting that may be helpful.

You mentioned this is happening after a recent upgrade, so I wonder if it's related to this:
    https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=How-to-avoid-the-Failed-to-generate-a-report-error-when-generating-a-LoadUI-report&sp=all 

Summary of the issue: "These exceptions may occur if ReadyAPI tries to use report files from a more recent version of ReadyAPI than you're currently running. For example, you're trying to generate a report in ReadyAPI 2.3.0, but the "Custom report library" property is set to C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.5.0\bin\reports."

Suggested fix:

"1. Leave the "Custom report library" property empty (recommended). In this case, the reports directory of the currently running version of ReadyAPI will be used.
    or
    2. Specify the full path to the reports directory of the currently running version of ReadyAPI, i.e. <ReadyAPI_Install>\bin\reports, in Preferences -> Ready API -> Custom report library. "

Please let us know if this was helpful, or if your issue has been resolved otherwise.

~Russel