Forum Discussion

Alexander_Culum
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Adjusting Maximum in statistics component

Even thought I mentioned it in the feature request board, I want to thank you again for this tool. It looks amazing and has a great start - if it continues this way, it has the potential to be the reference for Web Service Load Tests.
BTW is there a story behind? Was it planned as a show case for JavaFX?

When using the statistics component, I have difficulties interpreting the values - during a long run (eg. 20 mins) it can happen that the maximum is adjusting (shrinking). If I understand it correctly, maximum should always grow, never shrink. Could you provide the "theory" behind the calculation (is maximum defined differently)?
Is it possible/planned to include a 90% column?

My plan for a project is to use the last rows of all table logs to be inserted into our final report, because the avg. etc. should be the most adequate - is this the correct understanding of the statistics output?

Best Regards

Radgon

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Radgon,

Thanks again for posting, etc :-)

The "History" setting in the statistics / periods configuration tab sets how far back the values are kept, so if you haven't changed the default value of 1 min you will see the max value the last minute, which might explain this? What if you increase the value to 20? (Or set it to 0 for the entire test)

Regarding the average output to the log, the above counts for this as well, ie you will need to set the History setting to get the average for the entire test (or desired length).

Does that make sense?

(I've put a 90% column in the plan for beta2, hopefully it can make it into that)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

another thought, maybe we should add all statistics components final values to the summary reports?

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Alexander_Culum
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Ole and Nenad,

this works as it should, thanks. However, if I set the value to "0", it flickers and the bars are disappearing sometimes. Will use the limit time instead for now.

Best,

Radgon
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

ok.. sounds like a bug to me, I'll report it internally and keep you posted..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com