Forum Discussion

krogold
Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

test execution stuck running

Hello,

I have a problem with ReadyAPI on some tests.

When I run a test, "[RUNNING]" appears besides it, but it does not dissapear. I don't know if the test fails or not and I can execute any of the test's other steps. It is also possible to execute it again. If so, the arrow goes from green to grey and the test step is blocked.

On several steps, I have information that appears between [] if I play them again, they get stuck.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem  ?

thank you

• Thanks, I'll check that.

On the overall, I had unstability problems, my dashboard had dissapeared. Maybe it's because I had several projects opened ? anyway I had a message indicating that JVM heap needed to be increased.

I closed the projects (in fact I tried but I was stuck, so I removed soapui-settings.xml and default-soapui-workspace.xml from users) and went back to a 'clean' state and it seems to be ok so far.

5 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

Phuh... don't think I saw this before. Could you share a print screen with us? Maybe this clarifies the problem a little bit.

richie
      Community Hero

Hi,

About a two months ago I had this occur for about 2 or 3 weeks - I never determined what the problem was though.  I was using ReadyAPI! v2.3.0 and what I did notice was that if I killed ReadyAPI! it corrupted not just the project that was executing but also OTHER projects in ReadyAPI!.  

I can't really provide a fix, but I wanted to highlight that when it was occurring I got into the habit of watching the process in taskmanager - if there were changes in the memory option on the ReadyAPI! process and I killed ReadyAPI! - it corrupted the projects, but if I left it running until the memory was static, I was able to kill the process without it corrupting the project files.

Cheers,

richie

krogold
        Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll check that.

On the overall, I had unstability problems, my dashboard had dissapeared. Maybe it's because I had several projects opened ? anyway I had a message indicating that JVM heap needed to be increased.

I closed the projects (in fact I tried but I was stuck, so I removed soapui-settings.xml and default-soapui-workspace.xml from users) and went back to a 'clean' state and it seems to be ok so far.