Forum Discussion

SK07
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

read json responses from test case

I want to read the two json responses outside the test step under the test case name groovy script using ReadyAPI.

import groovy.json.JsonSlurper
def jsonString1 =context.expand('${aPOST#Response}') //aPOST - response from test case  createApost
def jsonString2 =context.expand('$bPOST#Response}') //bPOST - response from test case createBPost
def json1 = new groovy.json.JsonSlurper().parseText(jsonString1)

def json2 = new groovy.json.JsonSlurper().parseText(jsonString2)

I couldnt read the response with the above option, would like to know the possible ways.

• It can be done but as nmrao said it is usually recommended to keep the test cases separated from each other. Nevertheless here is the code:

// Get the test step for which you want the response
    def testStep = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.testCases[ "Name of your test case" ].testSteps[ "Name of your test step" ]
    // Get the response
    def response = testStep.testRequest.response.responseContent
    // Log the response
    log.info response

I created a demo project which can be downloaded from https://github.com/lucadln/soapui/tree/master/ReadyAPI/ResponseFromDifferentTestCase

Cheers! :manwink:

6 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

It can be done but as nmrao said it is usually recommended to keep the test cases separated from each other. Nevertheless here is the code:

// Get the test step for which you want the response
    def testStep = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.testCases[ "Name of your test case" ].testSteps[ "Name of your test step" ]
    // Get the response
    def response = testStep.testRequest.response.responseContent
    // Log the response
    log.info response

I created a demo project which can be downloaded from https://github.com/lucadln/soapui/tree/master/ReadyAPI/ResponseFromDifferentTestCase

Cheers! :manwink:

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    SK07, what are you observing then? the above should work perfectly.

Have you run the those teststeps already?
      SK07
      Contributor

nmrao, Yes. I'm reading these responses under a new test case and in a new test step. Note, that the responses are present in a different test case. When I run this, getting the error text as null.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        It is good practice to have each test case independent. Not quite sure why are you reading the responses from different test cases.