Forum Discussion

avkour13
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

"Wrong authentication credentials." error message due to an incorrect scheme of generating authToken

Error received:

{"errors": [{
"status": 401,
"code": 701,
"title": "Wrong authentication credentials.",
"source": {"pointer": "uri"}
}]}

I am trying to invoke a REST Web service, and below are my parameters as Header.

Content-Type : application/json

Accept-encoding : gzip

Content-encoding : gzip

Authorization : Using auth token here

And one URI parameter where I am sending user id. Am I probably giving incorrect dapi authorization token ? Or there can be some issue with uri parameter ?

• Hey avkour13

Id double check your requirements or speak to dev about the correct authentication scheme you need to use. Considering the error response indicates auth failure this is most likely a problem even if you are sending a userid as a URI/Template parameter cos i'd be surprised if anything relating to authentication was passed in a URI as the details could be sniffed (so totally not secure)

Nice one,

Rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey avkour13

Id double check your requirements or speak to dev about the correct authentication scheme you need to use. Considering the error response indicates auth failure this is most likely a problem even if you are sending a userid as a URI/Template parameter cos i'd be surprised if anything relating to authentication was passed in a URI as the details could be sniffed (so totally not secure)

Nice one,

Rich
      avkour13
      New Contributor

Thanks Richie. Yes, my scheme for generating authToken was incorrect.

I'll have to write a groovy script to create the correct authToken.