Forum Discussion

arussell14
New Contributor
6 years ago

"Create Report" Window Not Rendering, and Receiving Error When Trying to Generate Report

UPDATE #2: found that the custom report was not getting pulled by the git repo properly, due to the project being turned into a Composite Project sometime between now and when I originally imported it. The only issue now is that the window does not render unless the window is "maximized."

UPDATE #1: I found that by "maximizing" the windows, that they are able to render. Thinking the rendering portion of my problem may be related to my desktop environment (Plasma for KDE). The error I am getting is "Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, /bin/reports)." -- which I have already done.

Hello!

I am attempting to generate a report after running a test, but I am running into a couple issues when doing so:

1) The "Create Report" window does not appear to be rendering correctly. However, if I move my cursor over it, some objects will appear, and I am able to click on them. If it is beneficial to know, this "Create Report" window will sometimes render before I run a test, but has never done so after running a test. Also, the "About ReadyAPI" window seems to not be rendering after I run a test as well.

2) When I click on the "OK" button (it doesn't display until I click on where it would be), then an "Error" window displays, but that also is not fully rendering to the screen, so I do not know what the error is.

I have installed the "msttcorefonts," and copied them to "ReadyAPI-2.3.0/jre/lib/fonts" directory, as outlined here in another support thread for SmartBear.

My "Custom report library" is pointed to a different directory than the default, restarting ReadyAPI after doing so, in order for it able to find a report in my git repo (the report was built by one of my coworkers, as we are collaborating on this testing effort). When I set it to the default, I can generate a report, but not the report that I need. 

Supporting information:

• Operating System: KDE Neon (Linux)
  • ReadyAPI version: 2.3.0 
  • Included a screenshot to illustrate a window not fully rendering
  • Entries within "/home/<username>/SmartBear/ReadyAPI-2.3.0/bin/error.log": 

java.lang.Exception: Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, <Ready! API installation folder>/bin/reports).
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.createReport(GenerateJasperReport.java:434)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport$ReportFillWorker.construct(GenerateJasperReport.java:391)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:47)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:88)
Caused by: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException: Report design not valid :
1. Parameter not found : Tax DataSink
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:280)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:152)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compile(JasperCompileManager.java:357)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:617)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.a(GenerateJasperReport.java:541)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.createReport(GenerateJasperReport.java:418)
... 3 more
java.lang.Exception: Failed to generate a report. Make sure the property "Custom report library" is set to the folder where the report templates are stored (by default, <Ready! API installation folder>/bin/reports).
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.createReport(GenerateJasperReport.java:434)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport$ReportFillWorker.construct(GenerateJasperReport.java:391)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:47)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:88)
Caused by: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException: Report design not valid :
1. Parameter not found : Tax DataSink
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:280)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:152)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compile(JasperCompileManager.java:357)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:617)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.a(GenerateJasperReport.java:541)
at com.eviware.soapui.reporting.engine.jasper.GenerateJasperReport.createReport(GenerateJasperReport.java:418)
... 3 more