Forum Discussion

happyperson
New Contributor
6 years ago

only 4 properties are reading from Excel in ReadyAPI Datasource

Hi,

I am using ReadyAPI 2.3 and set Datasource (Excel) for data-driven test, in i have 50 rows with test data.

While executing from DataSource all values are displaying but in run time just selecting only 4 rows.

I put DataSource Loop as mentioned in help and tried several ways and not working.

Can you please tell me where is the issue, greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    hi,
    my first thought is that there might be a problem with the spreadsheet contents/format but without more info its difficult.
    can you provide some more information...with the dataloop it should cycle through however many rows you have in your spreadsheet so to diagnose a bit more info is required.

what are you actually trying to do? what is your test step hierarchy within the test case? have you tried recreating the datasource with 5 rows to see what happens? etc.

cheers,

richie
    happyperson
    New Contributor

Thank you for your reply Richie. I removed datasource / datasouce loop , then added back and is working now.

I have another issue. From below response i am trying to extract "Username=testUser2" but always it is displaying with time stamp. I tried to escape timestamp, but always Username is displaying with Timestamp. I tried several ways but could not.

Getting like this Sun May 06 16:20:27  2018:DETAIL :Username=testUser2

How can i escape, can you please let me know

Sun May 06 16:20:27  2018:DETAIL:Destination=ORIGIN| userid=testuser2|targeturl=https://ex.players.com/test/PlayerServlet|Code=WRLDPLAYER|UserLastName=ABC|Roles=PL123, PL6345,PLR346,PLR6363|UserFirstName=XYZ|Catogory=HELPER|Username=testUser2|UserType=Head|IDs=123, 456, 789, 111213|mainurl= https://ex.players.com/test/PlayerServlet/main |AuthorizedUser= tqui6r5ew5348sfhk

Thank you

richie
      Community Hero

from the detail provided I'm struggling a bit.

Are you saying the body of the response is | delimited text?  Not .json or .xml?

Can you provide examples of the data in the spreadsheet?

Can you provide example of the data in the request?

Can you provide bit more info on the example of the data in the response?

thanks,

richie