Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mssql server 2008 database connection problem

Highlighted
Contributor

mssql server 2008 database connection problem

hello,

i am trying to create a new db connection in 3.0 beta 2 latest nightly build as a jdbc connection with the Microsoft SQL driver but i always get a connection init error:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.lang.Exception: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver], connectionString [jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=Rese;user=User;password=#####]

i am creating the connection with the new wizard and entering the needed data which gives me this connection string:
driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
connection string: jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=Rese;user=User;password=

what do i need to change in the connection string?

thanks
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: mssql server 2008 database connection problem

Hi Chris,

just a check; did you select to install the mssql driver in the installer or have you installed it yourself?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Contributor

hi,

i have checked to install it.

regards,
chris
Highlighted
Contributor

hello,

i have identified the problem. the driver string is set to com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver but it should be com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

also the sqljdbc.jar version doesnt work with mssql server 2008 - you always get an error that the version of sql server must be 2000 or later

regards,
Chris
Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for digging in, this will be corrected in the upcoming nightly build.

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted

Hi,

The driver string for SQLServer has been changed to com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. In order to apply changes you have to reload the driver settings in SoapUI Preferences/ Jdbc drivers properties , or just change the entry manually. Changes will be available in upcoming nightly-build.
Regarding SqlServer 2008 problem, as soon as we add distributing the appropriate jar we'll let you know.

Regards,

Dragica,
eviware.com

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors