Forum Discussion

RogerJacobs
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

losing XML data when switching to an other view

Hi

When I open a REST teststep that contains a xml. And I switch from the [Form] view to the [Request] view the xml is gone and I see the next line “<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"/>”. There is no way of getting de xml back. We are sharing the SOAPUI project with a team. Therefore we are using the option “Composite project = true”. The person who initially made de Teststep does not has this problem. Could it be that there is stored some data outside the project folder that the other team members are missing?

Roger

8 Replies

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

Roger,

Could you please let us know which version of SoapUI you are using (SoapUI Pro/ SoapUI NG - versions)?

Also, you say as REST method and from your comment I see that the below part of SOAP request gets populated as request,

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"/>

I have my complete doubt over here!

Thanks,

Samy

RogerJacobs
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Samy

We are Using ReadyAPI 1.4.1 But we encountered the problem also in previous versions.
      I was the only one that did not had this problem (I initially made the teststeps) until I had to switch to a new laptop. Now I have the problem too.

We are using the REST with a XML body. No soap involved is fare as I know.

Greetings Roger

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rogerjacobs,

I’ve reported the issue to our R&D team so that they could investigate. Let’s wait for the news from them. However, there is a possibility that they will request your Ready! API project to reproduce this.

Edit: Our developers requested your problematic project indeed. Can you zip it and post it here?