Forum Discussion

ChrisE
New Contributor
17 years ago

java.lang.NullPointerException if request with derived-types is used in 1.7.5 R

Hi,
I tried to switch from SoapUI1.7.1 to Release of 1.7.5 but having problems with some teststeps which includes derived types.
Attached you will find the request, build/version info error log and wsdl we are using)

First I use the then I close the request window and reopen it again and you will find following changed lines:
one type will be deleted and you will get:

So what's the Problem?
SoapUI1.7.1: no problem works fine
SoapUI1.7.5 Beta2: described problem is reproducible, but without              null.pointerException
SoapUI1.7.5 Release: described problem and nullpointer.exception.

9 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Thanks,

I'll check it out and will get back to you as soon as possible..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi again,

ok.. there are actually 3 issues at hand here:

1) the removal of the first example element
    2) the null-pointer
    3) the form-editor which does not handle your choice correctly..

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the null-pointer exception.. ie can perform your steps and get the removed element but without a null-pointer exception, could you please attach the contents of your System Properties dialog (under the help menu)?

The other issues are probably correlated, I'll let you know when I get them fixed..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

thanks.. this looks ok.. when exactly do you get the  nullpointer? when opening the editor again? Can you attach (or mail me: ole@eviware.com) your project file?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    ChrisE
    New Contributor
    Ahoi Ole,

nullpointer exception happens, if I am doing following steps:

1. Create a new wsdl project: test
    2. select the wsdl...
    3. First thing which seems to be going wrong is in the tree structure there's only one entry
    but includes two requests!!!
    4. then I dblclick on the first request to open it, then I will get that null.pointer exception!

Attached you will find a screen_shot.jpg where you can see how it looks on my screen
    and my saved project file: test-soapui-project.xml

Bye

ChrisE
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Thanks Chris,

this is really strange, I can't get the errors you describe, the import works ok and I get 2 interfaces (one for each binding.. ).. could you please check the console window output if you can see any errors there? Also, please try creating a new empty workspace and creating the new project there to see if there is some kind of clash with one of the other projects..

Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience..

best regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi again,

I think I found the cause of your error; there is a setting in the WSDL Settings tab (under File/Preferences) called "Name with Binding".. please make sure that it is selected (I am guessing it is not..)..

please let me know if this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi again,

ok.. I think I got this sorted out now.. please try replacing your soapui-pro-1.7.5.jar with the attached one which should work better;

- it will remove either A or B first when you switch to the Form-based Editor (which automatically removes the one not chosen)
    - the form-editor will now correctly display a drop-down for choosing which of the choices to add..  (either 'A' or 'B')

Let me know how it works.. and thanks for reporting!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com