I've been struggling with this issue for a while and trying it again with every new Release and hoping it's been solved. By the current release, unfortunately not!
@smartBear: Ist there any hope that this well known issue will be solved:
can ReadyAPI be inproved to handle xlsx file in groovy script or should will exclude that combination from test cases implementation at all.
Please try the solution from this article:
I am also stuck with this issue, any pro or @Nastya_Khovrina have any ideas, please tell me,
But my solution is changing .xlsx to xls, it does work. But I want to use .xlsx instead of .xls file.
Do you use a script from this KB article: https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Example-of-using-third-party-Java-librari...?
It's working fine for me with .xslx file with ReadyAPI 2.8.0 and Apache POI 4.1.0.
What versions do you use?
Do you have the exact same error in the log as the error from the first post?
Apart from the poi jars, download the jar
Place this jar in your SmartBear\SoapUI-5.4.0\bin\ext
and restart SOAP UI. Should work now!!
You can find more on my blog - https://testbuster309148348.wordpress.com/blog/
Let me know if this helps
Hi @Nastya_Khovrina ,
I tried, and 4.0.1 throw an another Exception and all DataSource steps (using excel file) were broken with the same error message as below:
It still only works for .xls.
Why don't Ready API 2.8.0 Pro install lib POI 4.0.1 or working exactly version already instead of 3.12 that somtime not working with .xlsx? Because when I release script Ready API for my customer I can not decide to choose which version for POI lib.
Just a heads up, in %READYAPI_HOME%/lib, there is poi-ooxml-schemas-3.12.jar -- if you are adding a different version to bin/ext, both of these JARs are probably getting added to the classpath and could cause issues.
I ran into this same issue with bouncy-castle (specifically bcprov-jdk) -- we needed this dependency to encrypt passwords, so we added it into bin/ext, but we kept getting this strange Arrays.concatenate([B][B][B]) error. After some poking around we realized that there was another version of this same JAR in lib/ and it seemed that when we were calling our encrypt method, it was using the method from this JAR, and not the one we had placed in bin/ext.
We simply replaced the version of bouncy-castle in the lib directory with the same version we had in bin/ext and this resolved the issue -- however, I'm pretty sure doing this has the potential to break something in SoapUI if it is relying on a class from a specific version of a JAR and you go and swap it out with a different version, so do this at your own risk.
Please try the solutions from here:
But, Justin is right, using libraries versions which differ from versions in ReadyAPI installation may cause issues.
Your answer is not resolving my issue. Thank, maybe I should still use POI ver 3.12 and .xls files.