Forum Discussion

krogold
Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

how to send a post request with x-www-form-urlencoded (adaptation from postman request)

Hello,

I'm working with ReadyAPI 2.5.0

I have a problem into integrating a postman request in my project. I tried to import but it didn't do anything.

I try to convert a Postman request into a request in SOAP UI

In postman I have the POST request with endpoint : https://xxx.com/connect/token

a Header : Content-Type   application/x-www-form-urlencoded

and I have several key/values in the body (x-www-form-urlencoded radiobutton is selected)

When I try in SOAPUI I use a HTTP request, method POST, endpoint https://xxx.com/connect/token

I create a header Content-Type with value application/x-www-form-urlencoded 

I select Media Type : application/x-www-form-urlencoded (in the editable field)

and I set my data in the body as :

key1=value1&key2=value2 ... etc.

it returns an error "invalid client"

Is there an error in the body syntax ? Do I have to set key/values as parameters  ?

one of the fiels contains a '+' character, but even if I replace it with %2B it does not work ...

can anyone help ?

thank you

Alexandre

• my mistake, sorry

I had configured an Authorization to the request, by default, with my environment so it provoked the error.

If I modifiy Autorization to "no authorization" it works.

To do so I configure all my body's data as parameters and I set the "Post QueryString" tickbox, I also configure a header Content-Type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded

It works fine.

sorry for disturbing

Alex

1 Reply

krogold
    Regular Contributor

my mistake, sorry

I had configured an Authorization to the request, by default, with my environment so it provoked the error.

If I modifiy Autorization to "no authorization" it works.

To do so I configure all my body's data as parameters and I set the "Post QueryString" tickbox, I also configure a header Content-Type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded

It works fine.

sorry for disturbing

Alex