Forum Discussion

Jens1977
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

hermes-config.xml not working with Ready API 1.2.2 SoaPUI PRO

I recently installed Ready API 1.2.2 and got a SoapUI NG PRO license. I am trying to use the hermes-config.xml I used with SoapUI 5.0.0 (where it worked perfectly) but it doesn't work.

I can start HermesJMS from SoapUI NG and view the configuration.

Adding a JMS Endpoint however does NOT work.

Could you please help me along?

• This is fixed in Ready API 1.4.  Until Ready API 1.4 is released please use the workaround below.

Download cglib-2.2.jar from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cglib/files/cglib2/2.2/and put it to
    {Ready API install}/hermesJMS/lib folder. After that is done restart Ready API.

Regards,
    Marcus

SmartBear Support

19 Replies

• This is fixed in Ready API 1.4.  Until Ready API 1.4 is released please use the workaround below.

Download cglib-2.2.jar from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cglib/files/cglib2/2.2/and put it to
    {Ready API install}/hermesJMS/lib folder. After that is done restart Ready API.

Regards,
    Marcus

SmartBear Support

jcusackjr
      Occasional Contributor

I recently upgraded to Rady!API 1.4.0 and stil have the same issue where I can not send a JMS message over EMS within SOAPUI NG, but can send the message using Hermes and the same hermes-config.xml 

jcusackjr
        Occasional Contributor

I did try the work around and am still getting this error:

Wed Sep 16 11:45:18 CDT 2015:ERROR:An error occurred [Failed to connect to the server at tcp://localhost:7222], see error log for details

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have you tried with the same hermes-config.xml which worked in 5.0.0?

By that way, do you see anything in the logs?
      Jens1977
      Occasional Contributor

I used the exact same hermes-config.xml which worked in 5.0.0!

I can't find any logging. HermesJMS logs to C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.2.2\bin\null! ???

Is there a way to change that?

Jens

Jens1977
        Occasional Contributor

Ok, so I followed the steps from tutorial http://www.soapui.org/JMS/getting-started.html to add an activeMQ session. This works fine. The session is showing in the Add JMS endpoint dialog. This session is configured in the same hermes-config.xml as my TIBCO EMS session (which is not showing in the dialog). Could it be there is something wrong with the JAR's I am using?

These are the JAR's:

com.tibco.tibjms.custom.customobjectfactory_1.0.0.jar
        jms.jar
        slf4j-api-1.4.2.jar
        slf4j-simple-1.4.2.jar
        tibcrypt.jar
        tibemsd_sec.jar
        tibjms.jar
        tibjmsadmin.jar
        tibjmsapps.jar
        tibjmsufo.jar
        tibrvjms.jar

Found the hermes.log by the way... :)

Is there a way to add the logfile to a post?

SMW
    Occasional Visitor

I am using ReadyAPI 2.7.0, got the hermes installed in c:\...\tools\hermes folder. I updated readyapi preferences->Tools->HermesJMS to point to c:\...\tools\hermes.  I ran the hermes.bat and it was able to locate the hermes-config.xml, but when I tried to place a soap request in MQ via Readyapi, it gave me an error as follows: 

Invalid Hermes configuration. Make sure the 'Hermes Config' project property specifies the path to the hermes-config.xml file.