Forum Discussion

ajay1902
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

endpoint cannot be selected for rest requests?

My Rest API has multiple end points defined under endpoints tab in api Navigator view. but under the requests the end point field displays as greyed out. On trying to select the value from Properties window also does not apply the endpoint change. Is this a configuration issue or a bug in soapUI. 

I have tried to assign the Endpoints from the API browser view also using ASSIGN -> ALL Requests without endpoint. but still the endpoints for the API requests are not updated.

9 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not sure of the exact issue. Would you please explain the issue with help of screen shot if possible?
      ajay1902
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a composite project with multiple API's each with different end points. On importing the schema(Swagger)File the end points are added under ENDPOINT tab but don't reflect in the request. This works for some API's and for some it doesn't.

On importing the Swagger into another Local project the endpoints are available in Request.

On cloning the entire API to outside the composite project, the end points are accessible in request for the new local project. 

Screenshot 1 : shows the Endpoints configured for the API under Endpoints Tab. i have also tried assigning one of the endpoints as the default for all Requests. Tried using all the options available on clicking the Assign button.

Endpoints configured for API

Screenshot 2 : Shows the request does not have any endpoints assigned. Checked the end point list from properties tab. All the endpoints are available but on selecting also the endpoints are not assigned.

The end point drop down is displayed as grayed out and doesn't allow to select any of the Endpoints.

Request for one of the methods does not show the endpoint.

Screenshot 3(Below) : Shows that the endpoint selected from Properties view was not selected and the end point is not configured.

Error on sending request

The behavior is same when the request is added to a Test Case under Test Suite in SOAPUI NG Tab. The end points are not getting selected.

I have checked the associated XML files for the settings.xml and the Resource.xml file for the services and the endpoints are available in the XML files.

Please let me know if any more information is required.

Thanks in advance.

Sriraj
        Contributor

Right above the endpoint column you have the button to assign. Can you once try to click on the endpoint you want to execute and click on assign? and then try to invoke the service ?

Note : I faced a similar issue and not exactly the same 

ajay1902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi mix0mat0sis,
    Couldn't find a solution yet. I have raised a support case with the smartbear team. Will let you know once I get some response from them. Could you share some screenshots or your project structure details so that I can provide them details of your issues as well.

Thanks !
      floriangrehl
      New Contributor

Hey there,

I am facing exactly the same issue right now with ReadyAPI 2.0.

Is there already a solution or anser to this ticket?

cheers

Flo

ajay1902
        Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I found the solution of this issue the hard way. Below are some of the ways this issue can be solved.

If you have environments defined like "test1", then

1. Check the Rest Service tab under environment to check if API has an endpoint.

If endpoint is missing then Go to project Settings.xml file and search for ur environment name using search, add <Con:service></Con:service> under the environment details  add the end point manually.

2. Refresh the project and you will get ur endpoints. refer settings.png snapshot attached

If no environment defined then manually editing the Endpoints will using Project tab, API -> endpoints or u can still try the above steps followed for environment setup but do the changes under "default environment" in settings.xml