Forum Discussion

Beno_Iskratel
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

big responses

hello,

i have a problem.
i'm testing web service which returns a very big response (150Mb or more).
soapui can't handle this.
is there any way that soapui could save response into a file without oppening and parsing it?

thanks,

beno

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Beno,

yes.. set the "DumpFile" property of the request to the file which soapUI should save the response to. Set the Max Size to the number of bytes that should be loaded into the editors.. (for example 10000)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

It is a property in the bottom left table of properties when the request is selected in the navigator tree, soapUI will stream the entire response to this file, the editor will only show "Max Size" bytes (set it to 0 if you don't want to see anything).

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
      PhilipSharman
      New Contributor

If you just enter a filename, SoapUI writes the file to a location like this:

/Applications/ReadyAPI-2.5.0.app/Contents/java/app/bin/

You can use e.g.  "${projectDir}/my_file.txt" to get it stored in the project directory instead.

Beno_Iskratel
    Frequent Contributor
    i'm stupid...

where can i set this "DumpFile"?

the idea was that response would be saved in .txt file (for example) and not shown in response window (xml, raw, outline, overwiev).
    is this what you're talking about?

i'm using:
    soapUI Pro 3.5-beta1, copyright (C) 2007-2009 eviware.com http://www.soapui.org | http://www.eviware.com Build daily-2010-01-21-[1], Build Date 2010/01/21 06:29

thanks,
    beno
    Beno_Iskratel
    Frequent Contributor
    aaaaaaaa...
    now i see it.
    that's great!
    one more thig, setting editor (Max Size) to 0 does not mean that nothing is shown. it's the opposite. it means that there aren't any limits about the size.
    coorect me if i'm wrong please.