Forum Discussion

suzanne_raine
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Object does not exist.

Hi,  I'm trying to run a test where I click a button on my plugin which is a WPF application. Unfortunately, it's not recognising my plugin window as an object, so therefore when it gets to ...
    10 years ago
    I had a similar (or at least, similar-sounding) issue this week..  Next time it doesn't work, try looking in the Object browser and see what TC is recognizing the name as.  In my case, TC was viewing the name incorrectly at random times (but especially when the program under test was closed and re-opened while TC was running), and therefore wasn't able to recognize the objects.  And then, it would sometimes randomly recognize the object correctly again.

The solution in my case was to increase the Method invoke timeout property in the Project Settings.  Maybe that will help here, too?

Edit:  If Object Browser appears to recognize it correctly, it could still be the problem I linked to.  I've seen TC re-name stuff in the Object Browser over the course of just a few seconds - it just takes time for it to realize that it's looking at an open application and get the proper names, I guess.