Forum Discussion

sureshy4u
New Contributor
9 years ago

Why Ready API not returning any resp, when we execute Bulk number of testcases along with datasource

When i execute Bulk number of test requests, Few Requests not returning any Response(UI Also Hangs). Each request is fetching data from datasource. Whether that is causing the problem?

4 Replies

sureshy4u
      New Contributor

i found the problem:

let me explain my setup:

we have Multiple test suites in the project and have few variables at project level.

and i am executing the test suites using a batch file, the batch file contains the list of test suites which i want to execute ( some times only few and some times all) depending .

so, when i am setting the project variables in one test suite using setproperty.

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.setPropertyValue('FName',Name.toString())

after the execution of the above test suite the session for that test suite is completed and a another test suite executes,

when i am trying to fetch the above FName which was set from earlier test suite , it is not getting fetched.

Pls suggest a solution on how to save the variables permanently to project so that those can be fetched across the test suites

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

It is general practice that each test should be independent.

Here it looks like, bringing dependency on different executions? Which is not recommended at all. You may need to consider re-organizing the tests.

By the way, this is just for information. There is a preference which allows to save the project at end of execution.