Forum Discussion

Lucian
Community Hero
6 years ago

What is the difference between a REST request and a HTTP request?

Hi,

I am quite curious on what the difference is between the REST and HTTP request steps. Is there any difference?

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

ooh - good question - I'm curious too - isn't REST like a superset compared with HTTP request?

would welcome any steer on this - I used the HTTP request option years ago when I'd just started with SoapUI and I don't know why we used this rather than the REST option.

Thanks to all!

richie

richie
      Community Hero

Ok - I still haven't got an answer but perhaps this will provide someone with a steer.

I was just considering how you make a project in SoapUI - and its straightforward to create either a SOAP project by importing a .wsdl and a REST project by importing a .wadl.

I know you can create an 'empty' project - but I don't see anything like 'create HTTP project' like I can see the other options - perhaps I'm misinterpreting one of the other options?

I've created both REST and SOAP projects in the last couple of years i- its been about 7 years since I worked with an HTTP project (which was my first SOAPUI experience) and I cant remember much.

Anyway - just a bit of info I noticed that may steer someone into being able to answer the question!

Or maybe not!

Cheers,

richie