Forum Discussion

JMcKinley
Contributor
16 years ago

Weird issue with SOAP request

Hi!

I've recently run into an issue with a SOAP request. I use a property transfer to transfer information to the SOAP Request "form". Anytime a field is left blank, then that field is removed from the XML of the request. The problem is that when the Test Case gets to the property transfer step that is supposed transfer data to that field in the form, I get an "XML path not found" error.

I can fix the issue by manually adding a ? to that field. Then the problem goes away until he next time the field is blanked out.

Any ideas on how to avoid this issue?

Thanks!
Jim

5 Replies

• This issue seems to be more pervasive that I thought and if the test case fails (when the test case should fail), it breaks the test case if the failure leaves a field blank...

I then have to manually fix the test case... this will be a real problem when the system runs the test case in an automated fashion.

Please let me know if you need me to restate anything so you can understand the problem. This seems to be a major issue to me...

I looked at your latest release notes in the forum to see if there appeared to be a bug fix for this issue and I didn't see one.

Note: I should mention that I have a groovy script that initializes all the field in the forms to "". Is this a problem? Should I not blank out fields?

Help! 
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Jim,

hmm.. Have you enabled the "Remove Empty Content" setting for this request (bottom left properties list)? Empty content otherwise only gets removed by the Form-editor (which removes empty non-required elements), so they shouldn't be removed when running tests automated!?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • I just checked to verify and "remove empty content" is set to false...

I have not messed with any of these properties for a request so they SHOULD all be set to whatever the default is for that particular property...

While I'm at it, I don't create the WSDL (the developers do - well, I'm a developer, just not creating the WSDL  )... is there anything that could affect it within the WSDL itself that I should verify with the developers?
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Jim,

hmm.. I would need to look at your project to get a better picture, can you mail it to me? (ole@eviware.com)

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Jim,

I believe it is the same issue I encountered, have a look at 'Form view is not being used as default for requests' in SoapUI forum (not SoapUI Pro), suggestion was to use PropertyExpansion instead on Property transfer and make true 'Remove Empty Content' from properties.

Regards,

Moks