Forum Discussion

Chen-CPA
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Very slow when switch between test steps in ReadyAPI after convert to composite project

We have just started with ReadyAPI and added only 4 sample requests/steps in a new project. It work well at the beginning, but when I tried to convert it to the composite project and integration with the Devops repo, switch between steps/folders became very slow, which need several seconds(around 5 seconds for switch to another test step). As there is only 4 requests here, it shouldn't be that slow and make it very annoying. Is there any thing I need to config to avoid this situation? thanks.

richie
    4 years ago

Hey Chen-CPA,

If your resourcing isnt a problem then i think id convert my composite file back to flat .xml then back again.

Id be curious if the behaviour disappears and then appears over time again.

Other option is that depending on the above test, i might submit a support ticket to smartbear

Rich

3 Replies

Chen-CPA
      New Contributor

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think this is related to the memory usage, but I have tried your suggestion any way. But it doesn't work. I have changed the config to -Xmx16384m, which is as suggested in the article as half of my memory, and restarted the app, but nothing changed. I have also monitor the usage of ReadyAPI, which is as low as only 800-900MB. As I mentioned in the post, there are only four requests/steps in current project, which is just as a sample project at the moment, without any complex assertion or scripts. Do you have any other suggestion? thanks.

Regards,

Chen

richie
        Community Hero

Hey Chen-CPA,

If your resourcing isnt a problem then i think id convert my composite file back to flat .xml then back again.

Id be curious if the behaviour disappears and then appears over time again.

Other option is that depending on the above test, i might submit a support ticket to smartbear

Rich