Forum Discussion

Mason
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Very odd behavior when sending requests from Test Case

I cloned a TestCase into another suite and noticed one of the steps no longer sends the XML structure...it sends the string of just one expanded property.  I attempted to clone just the same step from another suite into the suite it is not executing properly.  Same behavior.

Here is what we are seeing.  In the first screenshot, you can see that we have XML for the request.  But in the second screenshot, you can see the RAW request is sending this number (string).  All subsequent test steps fail due to dependencies.  Any idea as to why this would be occuring?

2 Replies

Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    Even stranger, if I run the step manually by itself, it works.  However, when the step runs as a Test Case, the RAW request shows that it only sent a 5 character string.  Which happens to be one of our properties being expanded and it is the first of many properties we have coded in the request.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. could it be that there is a property-transfer in your testcase that is overwriting the entire request? (but then it would be left overwritten.. )

Are there any errors in any of the logs?

Can you mail us (support@eviware.com) the project before cloning the testcase, and I will try to do the same to see what happens? (I can set up a mockservice locally to have something to call..)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com