Forum Discussion

jorgebarrera
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Version 2.6.0 - Font size issues on Windows 10

Just installed version 2.6.0, and cannot find a way to set the font size project window or menu tab. I can set the "Form" tab using the Preferences | Editor | Font, but this does not apply to other areas. 

• I entered a ticket #00344716. There are several issues through the entire application. Now this might be hardwardand driver dependent. I'm operating on a dell Lattitude, my coworker in on a dell desktopandhas no such issues.

Windows display settings have no effect on the observable failures.

1. ALL grid objects that I have seen fail to autosize the row hight, making the date with in unreadable and maybe unwritable in the propeties grids

2. Tabs and popup text font is so very very small (I.e system properties window)

3. Check boxes on preferences are also very very small, wher you may not recognize them as a checkbox.

I'm sure that there are other areas effected.

Could someone PLEASE mane v4.5 available

• Hi Guys,

As far as I see, the workaround is to enable the"Override high DPI scaling behavior" option. To do this:

1. Right-click the ReadyAPI executable file and select Properties.
    2.  Switch to the Compatibility tab
    3. Click the Change high DPI settings option
    4. Check the"Override high DPI scaling behavior" option

sprice090161
    6 years ago

IT WORKS!!!!

2 things.....

First, when setting the checkbox for "High DPI Scaling Override", use "System" in the dropdown as shown above. Mine had defaulted to "Application" and I didn't notice it.

Second, try "Signing Out" from your Windows session. There is a note in the Display Setting, that options may not take effect for all applications unless the session has been signed out.

Thank you for finding the override.

9 Replies

jorgebarrera
      Occasional Contributor

Exitting ReadyAPI and restarting does apply the font size changes to XML tab, however, not to all areas. Projects page (attached) has tiny fonts, and Properties tab has correct font size, but line heights do not adjust, making the Properties tab difficult to use, if at all (picture attached).

This is on a multi-monitor setup, running Windows 10. ReadyAPI running inside one of the monitors, in both normal and maximize mode.

avidCoder
        Super Contributor

I'd suggest you to raise a support ticket (url already mentioned in last comment). Tech team can have a look on it.

• I entered a ticket #00344716. There are several issues through the entire application. Now this might be hardwardand driver dependent. I'm operating on a dell Lattitude, my coworker in on a dell desktopandhas no such issues.

Windows display settings have no effect on the observable failures.

1. ALL grid objects that I have seen fail to autosize the row hight, making the date with in unreadable and maybe unwritable in the propeties grids

2. Tabs and popup text font is so very very small (I.e system properties window)

3. Check boxes on preferences are also very very small, wher you may not recognize them as a checkbox.

I'm sure that there are other areas effected.

Could someone PLEASE mane v4.5 available

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

As far as I see, the workaround is to enable the"Override high DPI scaling behavior" option. To do this:

1. Right-click the ReadyAPI executable file and select Properties.
      2.  Switch to the Compatibility tab
      3. Click the Change high DPI settings option
      4. Check the"Override high DPI scaling behavior" option

sprice090161
        Contributor

It didn't make a differnce for me. I did click "Apply" following the change of the windows settings. Here is a couple of examples. There are so many more. Can someone please post access to v4.5? Customer Support and My Account Manager are not responding.