Forum Discussion

JPP_VF
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

[UI] ReadyAPI UI get frozen when I try to Move Up/Down a TestSuite

Hi all,

As told in the title, ReadyAPI UI 3.7.0 gets frozen when I try to Move Up/Down a TestSuite:

1. select any TestSuite
  2. Press CTRL-UP or CTRL-DOWN, or drag and drop the TestSuite to a upper/lower Suites Tree location
  3. Suite is not moved, and ReadyAPI is heavily frozen (some parts of the UI is refreshed under the mouse position, other parts are never)

Thanks in advance for any help!  πŸ™‚

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I am afraid if I can offer any help here.

You may also try to drag with mouse and see.

What is the max heap memory assigned? You can try increasing(for -Xmx parameter) in $READYAPI_HOME/bin/ReadyAPI.vmoptions file and see if that helps.

Is that a composite project or simple project?
      JPP_VF
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer.

Whatever the way I try to up/down a Suite (drag with mouse or keyboard shortcut CTRL-UP/DOWN), the issue is the same.

Here is the contents of ReadyAPI.vmoptions file

-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20
      -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40
      -Xms128m
      -Xmx8000m
      -XX:+UseBiasedLocking

It seems OK (I have 16Gb RAM).

This project is composite... and I've just tried the same actions (CTRL-UP or drag and drop) on simple (packed) projects, and I couldn't reproduce the issue. Trying again on the composite project freezes back my UI.

Then, this issue would happen only on composite projects?

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Thank for that.
        How big the project is?
        Is that an existing project or you created it? If you created it, can it be used as simple? I know this is not a solution, just asking.

You may try increasing that value to 10240m and restart the tool and retry the same operation and see.

Suggest you to open a support ticket regarding the same.