Forum Discussion

Raju_Vusirikala
Contributor
16 years ago

TestStep "Run TestCase" Configuration Issue

Hi,

For Run TestCase TestStep I am configuring to particular Test Case say "SuiteA" and "TestCaseAA", But once I saved the configuration and Test Case and Reloaded the project my configurations lost and it points to other test case say "SuiteB" and "TestCaseBB".

Could you help why I could n't able to save my settings.

Thanks
Murali.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

this is a bug, let me try to reproduce.. Did you clone the testsuite containing the run-testcase step before this happened? (or any other action?)

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

Yes Here TestCaseBB is cloned from TestCaseAA. But I haven't cloned the testsuite containing the run-testcase step.

When I have created TestCaseBB from scratch without cloning then I don't have any issue in run-testcase step configuration.

Thanks ole- I got some work-around by creating test case freshly for this issue.

Thanks
    Murali
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

FYI: this is now a confirmed bug related to cloning testsuites containing testcases with run testcase steps that refer to testcases in the same testsuite; they will after the clone point to the testcase in originial testsuite and not the clone one. Working on a fix!

sorry for the inconvenience..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com