Forum Discussion

Asubbiah
Contributor
9 years ago

Test Steps Results report

hi

I am testing REST services and added each service as a test step in a test case.

I am trying to customize the reports.

1. I can see message, status, timetaken, order, etc in the test step result report. I need to add status code (200 - OK ) as a seperate additional column.

2. I have to put the results in a table format ( I need to add box/table with outline)

3. I need to add some values from my environment - custom properties to the report in metrics section.

Also, pls let me know how to email the report. Where do i have to add the script to email the report in html format?

I am new to ReadyAPi. Apologies if my questions are very basic. Where can i find report customization tutorial? (advanced level)

Where can i find report templates which can be used in Ready Api reports?

Thanks.

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Would you like to add details if you have already tried something,  and stuck on something?

It would be better if you can mention the format of reports.

You may find some details here

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Can you please edit your post and remove the blank lines, it seems there are lot of empty lines in your description which looks very uncomfortable.

Asubbiah
      Contributor

Hi Rao,

I am creating report with my REST services result.

When i add TestStepResultsReport as a subreport, i get report as

Status   Started     Message

OK     1.00.00      Step 1 - [teststep1] 

Failed   2.00.00   Step2 - [teststep2] - failed - 400 is not acceptable status code

In the above report, instead of status, i need to add status code like --- 200 - OK. How can i do that? 

Also, How can i email my report after every test run?

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        You still did not mention which report format?