I am testing REST services and added each service as a test step in a test case.
I am trying to customize the reports.
1. I can see message, status, timetaken, order, etc in the test step result report. I need to add status code (200 - OK ) as a seperate additional column.
2. I have to put the results in a table format ( I need to add box/table with outline)
3. I need to add some values from my environment - custom properties to the report in metrics section.
Also, pls let me know how to email the report. Where do i have to add the script to email the report in html format?
I am new to ReadyAPi. Apologies if my questions are very basic. Where can i find report customization tutorial? (advanced level)
Where can i find report templates which can be used in Ready Api reports?
Would you like to add details if you have already tried something, and stuck on something?
It would be better if you can mention the format of reports.
You may find some details here
Can you please edit your post and remove the blank lines, it seems there are lot of empty lines in your description which looks very uncomfortable.
I am creating report with my REST services result.
When i add TestStepResultsReport as a subreport, i get report as
Status Started Message
OK 1.00.00 Step 1 - [teststep1]
Failed 2.00.00 Step2 - [teststep2] - failed - 400 is not acceptable status code
In the above report, instead of status, i need to add status code like --- 200 - OK. How can i do that?
Also, How can i email my report after every test run?
Sorry for the delay. I am trying to create report in printable format (PDF and HTML). I am able to create the report now.
I am generating session id using groovy script and saving it as a custom property and passing the session id in all my services.
I need my report to list the session id and other custom properties. PFA the report format i need.
1. How do I add the fields in the custom properties to the report
2. How do I add status code of my rest reponse in the TestStepResultsReport? I see only status as OK. I want to display it with the status code - 200-OK