Forum Discussion

anneparr
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Test Case Status in Requirements view

When does the Test case status get updated in the requirements list?

I have created a requirement for the project and linked it to a specific Test case, and marked it as 'In Scope'.

When I sibsequently run the test case and the status is 'Finished', the test case on the Requirements tab still shows [- not run -]

I expected it to be set to [FINISHED], as shown on the linked page.

http://readyapi.smartbear.com/_detail/structure/projects/window/requirements/main.png?id=features%3Arequirements%3Aproject

requirementsTestStatus.jpg

• I have discussed this with Smartbear via their support desk - any test cases that are run from with the test case linked to the requirement MUST have the option 'Run primary TestCase (fail if already running)' set for the requirement setting 'FINISHED' or 'FAILED' etc to be updated approriately.

I have attached a screenshot of the option to demo.

5 Replies

anneparr
    Occasional Contributor

I have discussed this with Smartbear via their support desk - any test cases that are run from with the test case linked to the requirement MUST have the option 'Run primary TestCase (fail if already running)' set for the requirement setting 'FINISHED' or 'FAILED' etc to be updated approriately.

I have attached a screenshot of the option to demo.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anneparr,

Thanks for sharing the solution with us!

anneparr
      Occasional Contributor

I will try this if I can - but currently I cannot use 1.5.0, only 1.4.1, as when I try to use 1.5.0, my Ready!API license won't work - I am told that 'too many copies have been activated' . I have raised a support issue for this

jsreesoap
        Contributor

I had the same issue, I had to send out emails/ open support ticket and lost a week on this. Smartbear has to fix this problem.