Forum Discussion

downtown
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

SoapUI window freezes on request submission

SoapUI 5.0.0, Red Hat Linux
When I click the Submit button on the Request window, the progress bar starts to move, but then stops. At that point, the whole SoapUI window becomes frozen/non-responsive. I cannot manipulate the Request window. I cannot even close the SoapUI window. At that point, if I cover the SoapUI window with another window, and then uncover the SoapUI window, the previously-covered area of the SoapUI window is completely gray.
I must use a Linux kill command to terminate the SoapUI process.
The SoapUI log does not give any indication of an error.

3 Replies

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

BhuvaneshMani, you may want to consider starting your own thread and not restarting a 3+ year old thread. Either way, there could be a number of contributing factors for this. Have you adjusted your memory options? Are they within specs for your machine? 

Whenever I see similar occurences, it is usually due to significantly large requests can require much larger memory allotments than the defaults.

BhuvaneshMani
        New Contributor

Sorry for reopening, but i thought it would be wiser to reuse existing post instead of creating new one as i see there is no solution provided for original one. Yes, i tried increasing the memory and i am sending one simple service request to return a json response.

groovyguy wrote:

BhuvaneshMani, you may want to consider starting your own thread and not restarting a 3+ year old thread. Either way, there could be a number of contributing factors for this. Have you adjusted your memory options? Are they within specs for your machine? 

Whenever I see similar occurences, it is usually due to significantly large requests can require much larger memory allotments than the defaults.