Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoapUI window freezes on request submission

downtown
Occasional Contributor

SoapUI window freezes on request submission

SoapUI 5.0.0, Red Hat Linux
When I click the Submit button on the Request window, the progress bar starts to move, but then stops. At that point, the whole SoapUI window becomes frozen/non-responsive. I cannot manipulate the Request window. I cannot even close the SoapUI window. At that point, if I cover the SoapUI window with another window, and then uncover the SoapUI window, the previously-covered area of the SoapUI window is completely gray.
I must use a Linux kill command to terminate the SoapUI process.
The SoapUI log does not give any indication of an error.
3 REPLIES 3
BhuvaneshMani
New Contributor

Re: SoapUI window freezes on request submission

This issue seems to be unfixed even after 3 years? and no answers/suggestion to original question? It keeps happening for me as well in Windows with SOAP UI O-S 5.4.0 (latest) version. Please suggest some solution, tried all suggestions from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36403028/soapui-window-freeze. Is it another strategy to force to buy Pro version? LOL!

msiadak
Community Hero

@BhuvaneshMani, you may want to consider starting your own thread and not restarting a 3+ year old thread. Either way, there could be a number of contributing factors for this. Have you adjusted your memory options? Are they within specs for your machine? 

Whenever I see similar occurences, it is usually due to significantly large requests can require much larger memory allotments than the defaults.

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
BhuvaneshMani
New Contributor

Sorry for reopening, but i thought it would be wiser to reuse existing post instead of creating new one as i see there is no solution provided for original one. Yes, i tried increasing the memory and i am sending one simple service request to return a json response.

@msiadak wrote:

@BhuvaneshMani, you may want to consider starting your own thread and not restarting a 3+ year old thread. Either way, there could be a number of contributing factors for this. Have you adjusted your memory options? Are they within specs for your machine? 

Whenever I see similar occurences, it is usually due to significantly large requests can require much larger memory allotments than the defaults.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors