Forum Discussion

LZhang
Frequent Contributor
16 years ago

SoapUI automatically adds "#text" for removed nodes in outline view

Hi:

I removed a xml node called "TVObjectId" from my soap request.  After a property transfer step, it automatically added back the node I previously removed and showed a "#text" field in the request under outline view.  Here is the xml view (notice            463341:
TVObjectId is erroranously added by SoapUI)

I noticed for some reason SoapUI would add a "text#" field for the nodes I removed in outline view.  Could you please look into it?

8851fbc0-fd1f-11dc-95ff-0800200c9a66

en-US

<metadata>

All

PlainText
            2008-07-16T17:05:19Z
            false

PPV

HD

Thanks,
Li Zhang

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Li,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, can you attach or mail me the WSDL and tell me how to reproduce this?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    This is somewhat related to the forms view bug where extra tags gets added to some elements. So for example we have an element
    463341, after the request is some how malformed the XML becomes 463341, which then appears as
    #text (when looking in outline view).

We thought this issue was due to 'forms view'. However, Li is seeing this while running her test in outline view. It seems to happen during some property transfer but not always.

Ali
    LZhang
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi:

I attached a soapUI request.  Please note I commented out the node "TVObjectId".  But after I ran the test case, SoapUI automatically added into 923829 which makes it mal-formed. 

I noticed this issue happened when I had a node commented out in XML view, SoapUI somehow added this commented-out node back into other node and made them malformed.  If you were to view this request in outline view, it would appear as it had an extra node "#text".

Hope I clarified your question.

Li
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Li,

sorry to keep you waiting on this. As Ali says, this is probably related to the other existing Form-Editor issues.. would it be possible for you to attach or mail me the corresponding WSDL containing the operation for this request?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com