Forum Discussion

sclavell
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

SoapUI Pro/Ready API 1.7.0 crashes frequently

Is anyone else experiencing a problem where Ready API spontaneously closes without any indication of error?

I'm running version 1.7.0 with SoapUI NG Pro on Windows 10.  I've checked the memory consumption and that looks okay.  There's nothing about an error in the logs.

It doesn't always happen when I'm actively working in the application either - some times I'll turn away for a minute and when I return it's just gone.  So I can't really give any steps to reproduce it.  I'm in the app most of the day everyday and it happens 2-3 times per week, and a colleague in my office has also seen this happen.  

I wondered if it's a known bug in 1.7.0?

sclavell
    8 years ago

Support came through with a solution.

https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/

In your Ready API installation folder, in the Contents directory, please find the vmoptions file and open it in a text editor.

Add/edit these lines in the file:

Set Xms128m and -Xmx to 4000 if your ram is 4GB or 8000 if its 8GB -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=40

-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=70

-Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true

-Dtest.history.disabled=true

I've been running a few days now without a crash.

11 Replies

fredsvar
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Without knowing what is causing it to crash. it is hard to say if it is a known bug. But if it is, chances are quite high that it has been fixed and that the fix is delivered in a maintenance build. If you haven't done so already, I suggest downloading the latest one and see if it makes things better.

You can find the maintenance builds here: https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/

sclavell
      Occasional Contributor

The problem persists in version 1.8.0 as well.  It happens to me daily, and often multiple times per day, both when actively using the program or not.  I'm running on Windows 10.  It doesn't seem to matter what project I'm working on.

Does Smartbear test for memory leaks?  Seems to be the most likely cause.

• I also have faced this many times and have no idea about how to consistently reproduce this.

RPfrimmer
    Occasional Contributor

I've experienced these same random crashes several times in the past few weeks.  

It has never happened when I'm actively using the application only when I have been away from my desk.

I'm running Ready API 1.7 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

gilugopi
      Contributor

Happened to me many times while actively working on it as well!

RPfrimmer wrote:

I've experienced these same random crashes several times in the past few weeks.  

It has never happened when I'm actively using the application only when I have been away from my desk.

I'm running Ready API 1.7 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

sriramd
    Occasional Contributor

I'm facing this problem in ReadyAPI v2.2.0 and frequently getting crashed. is anyone facing this problem in ready API 2.2.0 version. If so, please help me on this.