Forum Discussion

jz1
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

SoapUI Pro Jenkins Plug-ins Passing Parameters

Hi,

I have a SoapUI Pro project that takes Excel file as input.  I need to repeatedly executed the same test suite from Jenkins passing different Excel input file for each execution.  Using SoapUI Jenkins Funcitional Plugin, I cannot pass Excel file as input custom input parameter.  I know I can using testrunner command line as Windows Batch Commandline from Jenkins.  However I really like the more seamless integration the SoapUI Jenkins plug-in provides and the reports it produces.  Is there way to execute the test run with the Jenkins plug-in and still passing testrunner paramenters?

Thanks in advance

John

• hi jz1 

Instead of using cmd line you can try with Maven pom.xml file. their you are having the option to parameterize the properties.

Once you did with parameterization in Maven. then, you can add Build with parameter functionality of jenkins and in each build you can pass differnet excel file stored in workspace.

Thanks,

4 Replies

• Hi jz1,

Unfortunately, at the moment, this feature is not implemented. Perhaps such functionality will be added in one of the next plugin updates.

• hi jz1 

Instead of using cmd line you can try with Maven pom.xml file. their you are having the option to parameterize the properties.

Once you did with parameterization in Maven. then, you can add Build with parameter functionality of jenkins and in each build you can pass differnet excel file stored in workspace.

Thanks,

jz1
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks ashu248  for your suggestion!  I will try Maven.

alexisrl733
      Occasional Contributor

Hello ashu248 , 

I'm kind of dealing with the same issue: I wanna pass soapui an excel file through Jenkins, I've configured maven file like this:

<groupId>com.smartbear.soapui</groupId>
      <artifactId>soapui-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>5.1.3</version>
      <configuration>
      <projectFile>${soapuiHome}\workspace\projects\${soapuiProjectFile}</projectFile>
      <testSuite>${soapuiTestSuite}</testSuite>
      <testCase>${soapuiTestCase}</testCase>
      <projectProperties>
      <value>HostIP=${hostIP}</value>
      <value>HostPort=${hostPort}</value>
      <!-- override EndPointHost (used in projects with no Launcher)-->
      <value>EndPointHost=http://${hostIP}:${hostPort}</value>
      <value>SoapUIHome=${soapuiHome}\bin\</value>
      <value>Jenkins=Y</value>
      <value>dataSource=${dataSource}</value>
      </projectProperties>

where <value>dataSource=${dataSource}</value> is the field for the File parameter. Now when I check those props in SoapUI context it's only a String.

I tried getting (from SoapUI) Jenkins workspace and then the .xlsx file but so far no luck because of an known issue for that.

Can you please help me?