Forum Discussion

mbooker
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

SoapUI Pro Datasourced not populating soap request

I have a test case I need to run for 1000 times populating the same soap request.

I setup the following

Datasource  (Excel)

Soap Request (created from project)

Datasource Loop 

Dataloop configured to go from Datasource to Target Soap Request.

The request is populated from my original soap project and it does connect to the server but it doesn't seem to then load the first row from the data source. 

I looked everywhere for whether the soap request should be empty of values, have the ? or since the system move it into test case it was okay to be like that.

Sorry Newbie here trying to prove how easy it would be to use this tool in our operations team.

Thanks in advance

Marji

9 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi @Marji,

Im struggling to understand the exact problem.
    Are you saying:
    The soapbody tag should be populated by the content in a row in a spreadsheet?
    Or
    There are soap body parms that arent being populated by data in the data source?
    Or something else?

If you have a parm that has a question mark, this hasnt been linked to a referenced value in the datasource.

Can you publish your project? It will be easy to fix if we can see the project and a description of the problem.

If you cant publish your soapui project, could you publish screenshots of each test steps config (datasource and soapui step) along with example data in spreadsheet?

Cheers,

Richie
      mbooker
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Richie, I am a newbie to this and it has been a few years away from any "programming"

Yes I use Soap all the time and I followed the steps of when I had a good working soap to make a test case and then add a datasource(Excel) and DataLoop.

The soap obviously still had the data from the run where I made sure it was accurate.

So I setup datasource with 10 rows of data - loaded from the Excel(DataLog) shows the data

Then the Soap request - I have tried both with the original data and a new request(with its ?). As I read the doc it implied that it would start from the top and apply the data to the fields in the request.

The dataLoop was setup from DataSource  to the Target (Which was the soaprequest).

The first pass worked cause it had the data from the original test under projects.

I am sure these are very easy for most of you but what I thought would be straightforward does not seem to be. 

Thanks in advance

richie
        Community Hero

Sorry - Im still struggling to understand - are you saying - the first iteration works fine, populating the request, but on subsequent loops it fails?

OR - are you saying you don't know if you should be replacing the ? parameter values on the SOAP body with something?

fyi - the datasource loop config, the 'Target Step' is your soap request step

cheers,

richie

richie

mbooker
      Occasional Contributor

When I started the test run the soap ran but it was with the values still in it. The data from the datasource never populated the request.

When I ran with the new request(ie had ?) it never populated the request at all.