Forum Discussion

ME_Bank_Support
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

SoapUI Pro 5.1.1. upgrade Data sink error

Hello

I was using SoapUI Pro 4.6.4 and can be able to execute my test suite successfully. I upgraded to Pro 5.1.1 today and getting the following error when running the same test suit. Please help.

TestCase failed [java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [DataSinkExcel]; org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unable to construct record instance:java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [DataSinkExcel]; org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unable to construct record instance], time taken = 0

Details: Its complaining about the Data Sink that i got. If i disable the test stem and run its running successfully. In the Data sing i am writing the out to an exel file. Its a XLS file. Please the snap shot provided.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

We have updated our jar files in our latest version that is 5.1.1. They were originally upgraded in 5.1 to add .xlsx files. Can you add the same file in out file field?
    I tried that and it worked. I see that you are adding TestCase properties of type string. If this doesn't work can you open a case on Support form,
    http://www.soapui.org/Support/support-overview.html

Thanks,
    Jeshtha
    ME_Bank_Support
    Occasional Contributor
    The error remains the same even if its XLS or XLSX. I cant use the out file option because this will over-right the source file. All the headers will be lost. I am sending this a report. I have to use the Option File.