Forum Discussion

Computer_Resear
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

SoapUI Pro 2.5.1 resolves ${projectDir} when used as ResourceRoot

I have setup my ResourceRoot variable on the project as ${projectDir} so that I can use relative paths to find my input/output files.  After I save and close the ui, the ResourceRoot is resolved and saved to the project.xml file.  This is not a problem as long as I am the only one using this project.  But we are sharing this project via svn.  So after I commit my changes, the next person that updates their project file has a conflict.  Is there anyway, I can force soapUI not to resolve the resourceroot.

Thanks

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

sounds like a bug.. where does it resolve this value? In the property itself?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Computer_Resear
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the quick response. 
    In the ui, it does show ResourceRoot as ${projectDir} but if I view the project.xml that is comitted to svn, I see
    C:\backup\this_user\this_user's documents\IBM\rationalsdp6.0\workspace\webproject\test\soapUI-testcases\QA\project.

When another user check's out this project file from svn, there is a conflict with respect to his project.xml which has

C:\backup\next_user\next_user's documents\IBM\rationalsdp6.0\workspace\webproject\test\soapUI-testcases\QA\project

One other thing that we noticed was,

If we resolved the conflict (svn) by replacing the next user's file with the one in the svn repos (checked in by this_user) and then opened the project file with the ui, now the ResourceRoot still shows ${projectDir} but the project.xml has the new folder resolved to the next_user's directories.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

The projectRoot setting in the project file actually has nothing to do with the resourceRoot setting, it is a temporary value used while soapUI is running. I'll see if it can be removed from the file to avoid synchronization issues.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

this is fixed in the upcoming nightly build; the projectRoot setting will not be saved to the project file.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com