Forum Discussion

KrisVH
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Soap request doesn't work with 35kb request

Hello,

I have a soap request I want to test. Its size is about 35kb, not tiny but also not huge by any means. However when I send it to the server, the server only receives a part of it, and then keeps waiting. SoapUI keeps waiting too and eventually timeouts.

When I try the same with curl, both locally (on the VM I'm running the server on), and remotely (still on my machine but not on the VM), it just works: the server receives the complete request and SoapUI receives the answer.

I can make the request smaller by removing some data I don't really need for this test and by using namespace aliases instead of repeating them all over, and this eventually works when I get the request small enough. So I have a workaround but since I can't seem to find any tools that automatically alias as many namespaces as possible this is very labor intensive so I'd rather avoid it.

Both SoapUI and SoapUI Pro have the same result.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Best regards,

Kris

3 Replies

• This may be the solution. There is a default size of raw request and response of 10000 that can be changed. Look in your UI preferences and update the size limit. I dont have anything I can test it out with but this might help 

KrisVH
      Occasional Contributor

No, doesn't work. I already tried it and just tried again with an ever higher limit but it doesn't do anything. It just looks like a UI setting anyway.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        What is the max heap size? Can you please try increasing the same in .vmoptions file and see if that helps?