Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Serious bug is soapUI 1.7.1

Hello,
I think there is a serious bug in the way soapUI is sending out request. I believe this is a issue with soapUI because I cannot see this issue in mercury Quick Test Pro.

I am sending out a request that looks like this.

c1e9ccff-4a87-4a0e-99e4-4f06a78b5858

6b5bc7a5-5027-429b-a48f-9e59c0f83733

6b5bc7a5-5027-429b-a48f-9e59c0f83733

When this request reaches the web server, the application will return back only those customGrids that were specified in the 'customgrididList' in the request. This was not happening as the response would contain all the customgrids. I did not see this behavior with using mercury's tools.

I then went to the developers to see if I can capture the XML request. The developers told me that the 'customGridIdList' is null. It seems like that soapUI is not handling arrays of strings correctly.

Can you please look into this and let me know what you think. This is a roadblocker issue for me at the moment.

Thanks

ALi

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

can you show / mail the WSDL for this operation? Also, can you capture a soap-request sent by mercury quick-test just to compare?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Ole,
    I sent you an email. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Ali,

I've sent you a mail showing some differences in the messages sent by soapUI and mercury.. please let me know if this helps you resolve the problem.

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    For everyones knowledge; this was resolved ok.. the error was due to usage of an outdated WSDL definition

/Ole
    eviware.com