cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Save As or Export BEFORE Test Execution Generates JavaFX does not respond error??

richie
Community Hero

Selecting Save As or Export BEFORE Test Execution Generates JavaFX does not respond error??

Hi,

This morning I setup JMeter on my laptop (configure firefox proxy, add JMeter cert to firefox, add in JAVA_HOME, point PATH var to JAVA_HOME, etc.) - which includes creating a JAVA_HOME variable, pointing the PATH variable to JAVA_HOME etc.

Once I did this I then tried using the 'Save As'; and 'Exports' menu options in ReadyAPI! and no Save As or Exports dialogue was generated - I checked the REadyAPI! log and could see an failure occurred each time I tried to hit either Save As or Export.

Once I  execute a test if I try and hit the 'Save As' or 'Exports' menu options the dialogues generate successfully - i.e, the error no longer occurs.

I've proved 4 times now - the above behaviour - restart REadyAPI!, try and Save As or Export and I get the error.  Run a test, then try and Save As or Export and it is successful

The reason why I mention the JMeter setup is that this was the only thing I did before I tried using the Save As/Exports'  between last night and this morning.

I tried reverting all the changes I made when configuring JMeter - but I still got the same behaviour after reverting the setup.

I did a System Restore on my laptop - but I'm still getting the error response - error response when trying to Save As/Export before executing a test, successful Save As/Export after executing a test.

I appreciate that I currently have a workaround to Save As/Export - but I'm concerned there will be other problems that I haven't noticed as yet.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'll raise a ticket with SmartBear, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before

Error response is as follows (extracted from Errors Log)

Tue Jun 11 13:09:59 BST 2019: ERROR: java.lang.IllegalStateException: JavaFX does not respond
   java.lang.IllegalStateException: JavaFX does not respond
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXCaller.call(SynchronousJFXCaller.java:137)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:36)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:22)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showSaveDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:65)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.getFileValue(SwingFileDialogs.java:437)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.saveAs(SwingFileDialogs.java:283)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.saveAs(SwingFileDialogs.java:271)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.promptForSavePath(WsdlProject.java:1192)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.promptForSavePath(WsdlProjectPro.java:788)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveProjectAsAction.perform(SaveProjectAsAction.java:46)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveCompositeProjectAsAction.perform(SaveCompositeProjectAsAction.java:57)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveProjectAsAction.perform(SaveProjectAsAction.java:1)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:129)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks guys!

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
2 REPLIES 2
Olga_T

Re: Selecting Save As or Export BEFORE Test Execution Generates JavaFX does not respond error??

Hi @richie ,

So, Save As/Export after executing a test works, right? I just wanted to highlight your workaround for the Community.

I agree, this situation is worth investigation, and our support team will be happy to assist you. So, don’t hesitate to contact them and share the results with the Community! Smiley Happy

Olga Terentieva
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager

richie
Community Hero

Re: Selecting Save As or Export BEFORE Test Execution Generates JavaFX does not respond error??

Hey @Olga_T 

yep! - after I've tried executing any test - the error response no longer occurs and the appropriate dialogues (Save As and Export) are correctly generated - but before trying to execute a test - there is no visible change other than in the ReadyAPI! and Error logs.

I'll raise the tech support ticket tomorrow - bit busy today!

Cheers,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors