Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
5 years ago

Selecting Save As or Export BEFORE Test Execution Generates JavaFX does not respond error??

Hi,

This morning I setup JMeter on my laptop (configure firefox proxy, add JMeter cert to firefox, add in JAVA_HOME, point PATH var to JAVA_HOME, etc.) - which includes creating a JAVA_HOME variable, pointing the PATH variable to JAVA_HOME etc.

Once I did this I then tried using the 'Save As'; and 'Exports' menu options in ReadyAPI! and no Save As or Exports dialogue was generated - I checked the REadyAPI! log and could see an failure occurred each time I tried to hit either Save As or Export.

Once I  execute a test if I try and hit the 'Save As' or 'Exports' menu options the dialogues generate successfully - i.e, the error no longer occurs.

I've proved 4 times now - the above behaviour - restart REadyAPI!, try and Save As or Export and I get the error.  Run a test, then try and Save As or Export and it is successful

The reason why I mention the JMeter setup is that this was the only thing I did before I tried using the Save As/Exports'  between last night and this morning.

I tried reverting all the changes I made when configuring JMeter - but I still got the same behaviour after reverting the setup.

I did a System Restore on my laptop - but I'm still getting the error response - error response when trying to Save As/Export before executing a test, successful Save As/Export after executing a test.

I appreciate that I currently have a workaround to Save As/Export - but I'm concerned there will be other problems that I haven't noticed as yet.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'll raise a ticket with SmartBear, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before

Error response is as follows (extracted from Errors Log)

Tue Jun 11 13:09:59 BST 2019: ERROR: java.lang.IllegalStateException: JavaFX does not respond
   java.lang.IllegalStateException: JavaFX does not respond
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXCaller.call(SynchronousJFXCaller.java:137)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:36)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:22)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SynchronousJFXFileChooser.showSaveDialog(SynchronousJFXFileChooser.java:65)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.getFileValue(SwingFileDialogs.java:437)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.saveAs(SwingFileDialogs.java:283)
   	at com.eviware.x.impl.swing.SwingFileDialogs.saveAs(SwingFileDialogs.java:271)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.promptForSavePath(WsdlProject.java:1192)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.promptForSavePath(WsdlProjectPro.java:788)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveProjectAsAction.perform(SaveProjectAsAction.java:46)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveCompositeProjectAsAction.perform(SaveCompositeProjectAsAction.java:57)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.SaveProjectAsAction.perform(SaveProjectAsAction.java:1)
   	at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:129)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks guys!

richie

2 Replies

Olga_T
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi richie ,

So, Save As/Export after executing a test works, right? I just wanted to highlight your workaround for the Community.

I agree, this situation is worth investigation, and our support team will be happy to assist you. So, don’t hesitate to contact them and share the results with the Community! :smileyhappy:

richie
      Community Hero

Hey Olga_T 

yep! - after I've tried executing any test - the error response no longer occurs and the appropriate dialogues (Save As and Export) are correctly generated - but before trying to execute a test - there is no visible change other than in the ReadyAPI! and Error logs.

I'll raise the tech support ticket tomorrow - bit busy today!

Cheers,

richie