cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Library visibility within Ready API?

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Script Library visibility within Ready API?

I know how to set the script library location within Ready API to actually use that functionality, but is there any way to see and modify those files within the GUI?  Seems a bit clunky GUI design to me that I have to code those groovy scripts in notepad...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Script Library visibility within Ready API?

Hmm.. right. Those are external files and not belongs to any project and unfortunately it only allows the files that belongs to the project as of now.

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Hero

Which version of ReadyAPI are you using?

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Community Hero

Please find this documentation link to see if this is what you are looking for ?
http://readyapi.smartbear.com/features/scripts/library

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

No it is not.  The fact that it does not seem to indicate this is possible is probably my answer.

Community Hero

Do you mean to say, you wanted to edit the files that are present in Script Library directory? Then those have to be dealt separately like how you are doing. But that does not mean you only need to use notepad. There are very good IDEs available in the market for groovy such as intellij, eclipse. You may use them to edit if those are too big files.

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Yes that was my desire.  It seems to me to be an obvious functionality gap (IMO) in the product that we can modify and run groovy scripts in the ReadyAPI GUI if its in a Test Project, but not in the common code area that those project groovy scripts directly use.  

Community Hero

Hmm.. right. Those are external files and not belongs to any project and unfortunately it only allows the files that belongs to the project as of now.

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

Hi Michael,

Doing it in notepad would indeed be a nightmare! I recommend using the free Community version of IntelliJ, which is what we use in the development team to edit our Groovy (and Java) code:

https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/

We could of course build support for editing external Groovy code, but IntelliJ has been designed for this and will likely always be a better tool for editing Groovy code.

Kind regards,

Manne, Ready! API developer

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors