Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
15 years ago

[SOLVED]Composite actions - save testcase does not seem to do anything

When trying to do 'composite actions --> Save TestCase, I notice that I do not notice any activity on the soapui logs. I also verified this by watching the corresponding xml file and no changes were observed.

I am using
  soapUI Pro 3.5-beta1, copyright (C) 2007-2009 eviware.com http://www.soapui.org | http://www.eviware.com Build daily-2010-01-04-[1], Build Date 2010/01/04 06:24

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Could it be that there hadn't been any changes to the TestCase since the last save? (soapUI only saves if the data has changed..)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    Maybe I am confused about this feature :)
    I opened a testcase and changed the contents of a groovy step and then tried 'composite action --> save test case' and nothing happened. I am guessing that since my change was not saved using 'project ->save project' , soapui did not do during 'composite actions'

is this how this is supposed to work? seems a little wierd.

Ali
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Ali,

we are onto this.. the testcase should of course be saved here.. we'll get back to you..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Things look better with the newer build but 'composite actions--> save testcase' does not produce any output in the soapui log even though it saves the testcase.xml file (verified via notepad++).

Ali
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

It saves a test case just a log message about it is missing. I added a log message, so you should be able to see that the test case is saved and to what file ( absolute path ).

Hope this helps, let me know
    robert