cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run commands on remote server?

Highlighted
Contributor

Run commands on remote server?

I need to run a command on a remote windows machine (which I access via RDP). The command triggers an ActiveBatch job which is an executable on the remote machine. Can ReadyAPI do this for me already or do I need to develop custom Groovy/Java code for it? If I need to develop code, then could you please suggest which libraries I could use? Links to any tutorial or guideline would be nice too. Thanks.

PS - This is one of the few tests in my API suite which don't test APIs.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Run commands on remote server?

Hey @rajs2020 

I believe AAB actually asked the same question about 18months ago - i bookmarked it cos i thought it was cool, but I've hundreds of forum bookmarks to dig through to find it.

i think the answer he was given was something like "use a couple of lines of powershell", but I could be mistaken

ta

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Run commands on remote server?

I searched for AAB. Got 2 pages or results, but it looks like there is no post by AAB on this topic.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors