Forum Discussion

bkircher
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Rest Response much slower from SOAP UI than Postman

Hello all,

I am POSTing a REST Request that is currently taking 33 seconds round trip to and from our API. An identical request takes 1 second from Postman, which leads me to believe the delay is not from our API.

I have adjusted the suggested settings with little change in response time. (Adjusting the XMX parameter did improve response time from 48 seconds to 33).

For most of my tests in SOAP UI, the response time is under 1 second. However, I began to notice a large variance once the total Content-Length of the request exceeded 20000 bytes.

Has anyone run into a similar situation and found a resolution? Our organization was hoping to use ReadyAPI for test automation, but if it skewing our performance metrics, we will likely need to switch to another REST API tool.

bkircher
    6 years ago

I realized I never returned to this post to close the loop. The performance issue was on SoapUI's end, but the issue was resolved in a maintenance build that I was given. At this point, the fix is in a release build for everyone. 

Thanks!

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi bkircher,

In most cases, the steps that you've already followed help improve the performance issue. I suppose the delay you see is specific to your service or to your environment.

Could you please report this behavior along with the problematic project to our Support team? They will need to investigate the issue in their test lab. Thanks!

bkircher
      New Contributor

I realized I never returned to this post to close the loop. The performance issue was on SoapUI's end, but the issue was resolved in a maintenance build that I was given. At this point, the fix is in a release build for everyone. 

Thanks!