Forum Discussion

GMSoapUI
Contributor
11 years ago

[Resolved]Email test results.

Hello,

I would like to be able to email my test results (written to disk from a Groovy script within SoapUI Pro) but would I be right in saying there is no native capability in SoapUI Pro for this? I've had a look at the documentation but couldn't see anything. It's not a problem if there isn't anything I can leverage through Groovy or directly in the UI as I can write my own service to poll the log file location and email my log files directly but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if something was already available?

Can anybody advise?

Thanks.

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

There is no out of box feature to achieve this capability. You can save the results in a sink using groovy test step and then email the file using groovy, that is the only workaround.
    You can configure the email test step,
    http://blog.smartbear.com/sqc/creating-your-own-teststeps-in-soapui/?_ga=1.70456912.1539606879.1377263173
    Create a factories folder in and save email-teststep-factories.xml in SoapUI-Pro-Installation\bin\factories

Save email.png in bin folder

Save the jar soapui-emailteststep-plugin-1.0-plugin.jar in bin\ext

Save the email-teststep-actions.xml in SoapUI-Pro-Installation\bin\actions

Attached is the folder with all the required files file.

Close and open SoapUI Pro

Thanks,
    Jeshtha
      SuperSingh
      Contributor

Was able to add the Email Step succesfully. Do you have steps on how to attach test results in the Email Content/Body ?

• Hi,

I'd seen the plugin you mention and may invetigate that later. Could you explain "You can save the results in a sink using groovy test step and then email the file using groovy..." as a workaround as this sounds like my preferred option.

Regards.