Forum Discussion

gsvkumar
New Contributor
4 years ago

RequestFilter.filterRequest Script not triggered during test run

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a RequestFilter.filterRequest event handler to update my json test request when it contains a "null" value (inside double quotes) and replace it with null (without quotes). The reason the double quote gets added to my request payload is because i'm sending null as a value from my datasource step. The datasource step has multiple rows of data to handle all possible flavors of data (null, blank, maxlength, minlength etc) for the given field.

This is how my json request looks if i send null from my datasource step. I need to remove the wrapped quotes around null.
"key": "null",

I'd like to replace the above as follows.
"key": null,

Below is my event handler code added to RequestFilter.filterRequest
=================
def TestStep = context.getCurrentStep()
def RestStepName = TestStep.getLabel()
def reqContent = context.expand('${'+RestStepName+'#RawRequest}')
def content = reqContent.replaceAll("\"null\"", "null")
context.requestContent = content
log.info(context.requestContent)

When i log the context.requestContent using a groovy step, i get the encoded request but when the actual request gets submitted, "null" gets sent with double quotes instead of null (without quotes).

I also tried SubmitLister.beforeSubmit event with same code but the test step runs indefinitely (not sure what is the problem there).

I'm at a loss how to handle the above scenario. Please help

5 Replies

PrathapR
    Frequent Contributor

gsvkumar 

Is it possible to use "Request" instead of "RawRequest" in your case?, I tried your code to remove "" for null using "Request" it worked for me.

EX:

def rawRequest = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("GetREST").getPropertyValue("Request")
    def content = rawRequest.replaceAll("\"null\"", "null")

gsvkumar
      New Contributor

Tried Request instead of RawRequest and that doesnt work either.. 

gsvkumar
        New Contributor

The code snippet is doing the replace properly but when the actual test step is executed, the replaced value is NOT fed into the submitted request.