Forum Discussion

_Oliver_
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

ReadyApi 3.8.0 : ERROR: Endpoint not defined within environments.

Hi all,

I have a project and a set of tests which run fine on ReayApi 3.7.0.

Today, after coming back from vacation, I updated ReadyApi to 3.8.0 and have the following issue :

• When I try to execute all the functional tests, ReadyApi shows immediately "CANCELED" and the error log shows 

ERROR: Endpoint not defined within environments.

• When I select a test suite (for example, the first one in the functional tests list), I have the same issue
  • When I select a test case (for example, the first one in the functional tests list), it works fine

I am the only one working on these tests, they used to work fine on 3.7.0 and have not been modified since. Why do I have this error message on 3.8.0 ?

richie
    3 years ago
    Hey _Oliver_,

It does sound weird.....

Just so i understand. You try running the whole project and you get the error.
    You tried running the first functional testsuite in your listing and you got the error.
    You tried running the first test case in your testsuite and DIDNT get the error.
    Is that right?

Was there any indication which endpoint "wasnt defined"?

As it fails to run your testsuite, but doesnt on a specific testcase, do all the testcases in your testsuite execute the same apis/endpoints?

Im wondering if all the testcases in your failing testsuite will execute successfully individually.....the behaviour of what you describe sounds like that, but id execute ALL the individual testcases just to be sure, cos if they ALL run successfully at least this means the setup within your individual tests is good.

Have you reviewed the content of all your apis in the project to see if there's anything obvious?

Ta

Rich

4 Replies

• FYI : I have re-installed 3.7.0 and I am having the same issue.

I am wondering if the 3.8.0 installation has not changed something which cannot be rolled back. Of course, I am not discarding the possibility that I did something wrong, but I don't get why it works at a test case level but not at a test suite level (I am not changing the environnment, it is the same for the test case and the test suite)

richie
      Community Hero
      Hey _Oliver_,

It does sound weird.....

Just so i understand. You try running the whole project and you get the error.
      You tried running the first functional testsuite in your listing and you got the error.
      You tried running the first test case in your testsuite and DIDNT get the error.
      Is that right?

Was there any indication which endpoint "wasnt defined"?

As it fails to run your testsuite, but doesnt on a specific testcase, do all the testcases in your testsuite execute the same apis/endpoints?

Im wondering if all the testcases in your failing testsuite will execute successfully individually.....the behaviour of what you describe sounds like that, but id execute ALL the individual testcases just to be sure, cos if they ALL run successfully at least this means the setup within your individual tests is good.

Have you reviewed the content of all your apis in the project to see if there's anything obvious?

Ta

Rich

_Oliver_
        Contributor

Hi Richie,

Thanks for your answer.

I digged into the logs and I found this, which is a bit more specific :

2021-05-17 11:01:07,430 ERROR [WsdlProjectRunner] Failed to start the test. No endpoint is specified.
        2021-05-17 11:01:07,432 ERROR [errorlog] Endpoint not defined within environments.

The very weird thing is that it works now ğŸ¤” I don't get it, as the error message points to something not defined on ReadyApi but I haven't changed a single character in the tests since I posted my previous message. I did not even restarted ReadyApi...

Will keep on digging but it is not a tool problem.

Thanks a lot Richie for taking the time to answer me.