Forum Discussion

ersimon00
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI - Jira Integration Issue

Hi,

We have successfully integrated ReadyAPI with pur Jira (on premise) instance and readyAPI able to retrieve the list of Projects and Issue types. Upon sending the request to open a jira ticket (after inputting all required fields in the  form),  we are prompted with the following error:

An Error Occured:
class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class [Ljava.lang.String; (java.lang.String and [Ljava.lang.String; are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

did this happen to anyone already? I am not sure if this issue is du eto ReadyAPI or our Jira projects configs.Is there any way to check readyAPI logs to check what is actually sent to Jira via the API? 

• Hey ersimon00,

I only tried the jira integration out once so cant help from an experience point of view im afraid.

However, the error response appears to indicate you might be trying to cast a string to an attribute that isnt a string type ....i.e. ome that doesnt support string....maybe numeric.

Are some of the fields in the jira form of the object/record youre trying to create numeric? Id start there to see if you can spot anything.
    Have you tried just submitting just the mandatory fields when youre submitting the record via readyapi and see if you still get the cast error? If you do this, then at least this will minimise the number of fields in jira you have to consider. Im guessing you can modify type when configuring a jira form, so it seems reasonable you might fix the issue that way.

Ta

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey ersimon00,

I only tried the jira integration out once so cant help from an experience point of view im afraid.

However, the error response appears to indicate you might be trying to cast a string to an attribute that isnt a string type ....i.e. ome that doesnt support string....maybe numeric.

Are some of the fields in the jira form of the object/record youre trying to create numeric? Id start there to see if you can spot anything.
    Have you tried just submitting just the mandatory fields when youre submitting the record via readyapi and see if you still get the cast error? If you do this, then at least this will minimise the number of fields in jira you have to consider. Im guessing you can modify type when configuring a jira form, so it seems reasonable you might fix the issue that way.

Ta

Rich