Forum Discussion

PG
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI 3.5.1 - DataSource Test Case - This driver is not configured for integrated authentication

Hello!

I am using ReadyAPI 3.5.1. version

Before this version I used Soapui Pro 5.1.1 version where the JDBC connection worked normally!

At this program I have sqljdbcauth.dll and sqljdbc41.jar files in this place:

C:\SoapUI-Pro-5.1.1\bin\ext

My JDBC connection setting are:

Driver:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection String: 

jdbc:sqlserver://GB67085:1433;databaseName=MTPL2021_ws;integratedsecurity=true

With ReadyAPI 3.5.1 the same JDBC connection is not working, I get error message:
This driver is not configured for integrated authentication

At this prgram I can not find sqljdbcauth.dll file, only just sqljdbc42.jar file at this place:

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-3.4.5\bin\ext

I tried to copy the dll file that i used at SoapuiPro, but the result was the same, i got error massage again

What could be a problem?

Thank you!

PG
    4 years ago

Hello!

I found the solution!

I downloaded the sqljdbc_8.4.1.0_enu.zip from microsoft and copied the mssql-jdbc_auth-8.4.1.x64.dll file into 

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-3.4.5\bin

After that I restarted the ReadyApi, and the Datasource connect is working!

Thank you!

Regards,

PG

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey PG,

As far as i was aware the auth.dll handles windows auth and integrated, (integratedsecurity=true), so this issue is a bit of a weird one.

Id redownload both the latest jdbc driver .jar and the auth .dll. and stick them in bin/ext.

Also, are you sure youre using the correct .jar file relative to the sqlserver instance youre trying to connect to? I know sqljdbc42.jar is installed bybdefault with ReadyAPI! install, but when i connected to sqlserver 2016, i had to grab a newer version of driver.....cant remember the file name but it was quite long and definitely not sqljdbc42.jar.

I appreciate it works on SoapUI and youre thinking "shouldnt it work in ReadyAPI! too?" However, the differences between their codesets has been expanding for the last what....5? 6 years maybe? so i wouldnt be surprised if there are inconsistencies between them.

Ta

Rich
      ChrisAdams
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Once additional note to what richie wrote, when you copied the dll to folder, you need need to restart SoapUI ti pick up new dll files.

PG
        Occasional Contributor

Hello

I downloaded a sqljdbc_8.4.1.0_enu.zip from microsoft page, and i copied the mssql-jdbc_auth-8.4.1.x64.dll and the mssql-jdbc-8.4.1.jre8 JAR file in the bin\ext folder, after that i restart ReadyApi but the problem is still living.

Maybe I downloaded wrong package?

My Java version java version "1.8.0_271" 64 bit so I think i copied the correct JAR file.

Where could I download these files?

Thank you!